I have many crafts and hobbies that I've enjoyed over the years and have slowly gotten back into them now that I have an empty nest. There are a few crafts I've been curious about and now I'd like to try doing them. But I've always enjoyed working with my hands, although now my hands don't work as well as they used to. It sometimes takes a little longer to get some things done but I enjoy seeing things from start to finish. I love working with wood a lot! I can't even take a piece of firewood and throw it in the woodstove without looking at it first. My husband laughs about it because he knows I'm going to put some of the wood aside because I am always seeing a "project" in any piece I look at. I will have to take some pictures of my finished works and attach them to this later so you can see what I've created! On one of my sculptures I made from a stick, I was offered $500.00. Each piece I create is done by hand, there are no molds or patterns, they are one-of-a-kind items. Some take a couple days and some a few months. I don't work on one everyday. I work on them when I am in the mood. I tried awhile back to work everyday but the creative juices weren't flowing right and that project ended up being firewood. Each piece is a labor of love <3
No comments:
Post a Comment