On December 12, 2012 Dharma and Jax blessed us with a female black tricolor puppy. She was a whooping 3.20 ounces when she was whelped. Dharma had an easy time whelping and is a wonderful mom!
Paisley was doing great at first but once she turned a month old she stopped gaining weight. She looked out of porportion, her head was getting bigger and her eyes were getting bigger. She was reminding me of another puppy we had about 10 years ago who was a hydro baby. He, Hemi went to the Rainbow Bridge one night by the time he was a month old. I was so scared and saddened by the thought of Paisley's fate turning out the same for her. But I wasn't going to just do nothing! I started supplemental hand feeding her. Within a couple days I was her food source. Dharma was drying up and Paisley couldn't get her fill nursing.
I'm still feeding her on a special diet of puppy formula, Nutri Drops, Karo Syrup, and Stage 1 baby meat. She LOVES the meats!!! I am feeding her every 3-4 hours now depending on whether or not she's hungry.
I weighed her this evening and she's 7.40 ounces now! She is getting so big! She plays with my hand swatting it with her paw. Chews on my fingers, she's getting her teeth in and boy they are sharp!
We adore Paisley so much! We are so happy that she isn't a "failure to thrive" puppy and pray she will be with us for many years to come!
As-salaam alaykum brothers and sisters. May Allah bring you peace and many blessings. I am a Muslim, if you are a terrorist I too am your enemy. I appreciate you stopping by, I hope you enjoy reading about my encounters. Feel free to follow my blog and/or comment on any blog post! Enjoy
<3 Paisley <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment