Over the years I've been in four serious relationships, three I married and one I didn't ; thank goodness because he was very abusive.
I am married to the love of my life now, Donnie! We met back in the 90's. My abusive boyfriend at that time actually introduced us. Donnie was also in a relationship when we first met. We became close friends and through the years we could always confide in each other. We celebrated each others successes and were always there for each other during the bad times.
I really grew to care for him and thought he was amazing but didn't think we'd ever be together as a couple. When I became single he'd be in a relationship; when he was single I was in a relationship. Our relationship as friends was one of trust and respect. I had always wanted to be more than friends with him but we seemed to never be single at the same time. Also the thought of losing his friendship if we got together and had a bad break up was not anything I wanted to chance.
Over the years we had even set up the other with friends when the other was single but those relationships never worked out.
Although I adored him and was attracted to him I never let him know how I cared about him and that I was in love him.
By chance we finally were both single and one evening he showed up at my home. One thing lead to another and we crossed over that "friendship" line. I was happy and scared at the same time because I was afraid of losing him as a friend. Time passed and we both finally told each other how we felt. Turns out we'd been attracted to each other for many years but thought we weren't each others type because we were never single at the same time and hadn't told the other how we felt about the other. I figured we just weren't meant to be together.
He lived his life, even moving out of state for awhile. I had become very close to his grandparents; they raised him, and always knew where he was and how he was doing. Everytime he'd come back to Colorado I knew it somehow without ever being told by anyone. I'd call one of his close friends and ask if Donnie was there, I'd always be told he hadn't seen him. But shortly after I'd get a callback from Donnie and he just got into town. It is eerie when it happens but that is how in tune we are. To this day I still get a gut feeling from him and I'll call him to make sure everything is okay. He gets the same vibes about me.
Don't get me wrong, our relationship hasn't been all roses and happiness. We've had our ups and downs more than once. But once emotions have settled and we've had time to think about things we are back in each others arms.
It won't be long now before Donnie will be home. He's been gone since April 2012. It has been a struggle for me and many life changes have occurred during his time in prison. I have had lots of alone time for soul searching and I know I LOVE MY HUSBAND MORE THAN MY HEART CAN HOLD!!!
We are going to have a barbecue once he's home with the people who have supported and helped us during our time apart. When times are bad we find out who our "real friends" are. The others can fuck off!
We are also renewing our vows! Our anniversary is March 8, 2004.
I am happily married to my best friend and soulmate <3
No comments:
Post a Comment