The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ February 02, 2011

This is a new activity I found on Facebook & I have decided to give it a try...


FOR TODAY ~ Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Outside my window... calmer winds, our horses & llamas out and about in the pastures, relief from the arctic frigid temps of the -41*F we experienced yesterday.

I am thinking... I should do a bit of cleaning around the house since it is still too cold to spend any time outdoors.

I am thankful for... my daughter, Johannes & my son, Zachary, they are amazing kids I am very proud of!

From the kitchen... I can still see traces of last nights big meal I made for dinner. It was so miserably cold I wanted to make a "stick-to-your-ribs" home cooked meal we could pig out on so we'd get a good nights rest. When it is THAT cold out it is extremely exhausting!

I am wearing... black/maroon striped casual pants & a brown/cream long sleeved t-shirt, I am not going to be going out any where so these will be nice & comfy.

I am creating... a more up beat attitude cuz I've been so upset, angry & sad the past few days.

I am going... to try to give the things I have no control over & cannot change to God so I can focus on being happier myself.

I am reading... nothing consistently at the moment cuz I'm always distracted with other things going on around here.

I am hoping... my daddy makes a miracle recovery since he had surgery yesterday. Although we haven't been close for the past few months I am not ready for him to move on.

I am hearing... sadness in my kids voices cuz of my Dad's health right now.

Around the house... making plans in my head as to what rooms I want to remove the old 10+ year old carpeting in first, get some vinyl down that will be so much easier to keep clean and much healthier for us since the dirt won't be trapped in the house.

One of my favorite things... is the warmth & happiness I feel from our Chihuahuas when I sit in the middle of them and they climb all over me wanting my affection.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get more details and information from Chris about the new business, Your Day , she is starting up and get busy getting it "known". Hopefully we'll be able to get together for a meeting & get things really going!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is my daddy! This photo was taken last year at the 50th Anniversary Party we had for them at "Country Buffet".

If you want to participate in the Daybook also go to her BLOG and get started, The Simple Woman's Daybook Click the link

No comments: