Home is where your heart is


This is Dazzle a 2 year old Great Dane she was owner relinquished to us today because our room mate Jody is moving back to Kentucky after being here for almost 6 weeks (Feb. 21, 2010). Things just didn't mesh with her, her Great Dane & my family & critters. We are a pretty independant family, all doing our own things in our own areas of the house. We rarely go any where unless it is for groceries, shopping or to visit my parents; other than work & school. We enjoy living out here in "BFE" without other people & distractions around. Apparently Jody needs to be around people, going some place to do something, with a man or she is lonely. Which is totally not the impression I got from talking to her, that she was happiest at home. We always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence... but in truth it turns out that nothing is sweeter than "Home Sweet Home". I have moved away from Colorado many times throughout my adult life and I always come "home". Unfortunately no one can come from Kentucky to pick Jody up so her only option to get back is to take a Greyhound bus. With a lot of tears & sadness Jody has made the decision to owner relinquish Dazzle, her Great Dane, to us (Smith Rescue Ranch) so she can get back to Kentucky. We will do our best to place Dazzle in an appropriate home as soon as I have her vetted. I wish Jody happiness...

No comments: