Renamed Holiday . . .

I have officially renamed Mothers & Fathers Day, for those who do not have offspring or their offspring have gone and you have an empty nest. It is truly depressing waiting around to get a phone call from your offspring on those two holidays. Therefore I have renamed them "Wife Day" and "Husband Day". When you have your mind set to the new names you don't wait around waiting for the phone to ring and getting more and more bummed out by the hour. I was pleasantly surprised when I received PHONE CALLS (not text messages)from my daughter and son wishing me a Happy Mother's Day! They have both moved out and have new lives that do not include me any more. I haven't seen either one of them in months and they live a town away from me. It was nice hearing their voices, it made my day so much better. I do miss them terribly when our calls end but I'll manage my sadness just to hear their voices. Holidays are trying to many people for different reasons and when I don't hear from my children it makes it even worse for me. I hope most people can be strong enough to be the "bigger person" and give their parents a five minute phone call to tell them they are thinking about them and will always love them no matter what. I've had a few personal falling outs with family members but I always suck it up and give them a call. I have to do it for ME, so I won't feel like a miserable, ungrateful person. If you happen to read this and you haven't spoken to a loved one for one reason or another, be the bigger person and give them a call and let them know they are on your mind and you will always love them. Happy Wife Day, and soon to be Happy Husband Day! :)

No comments: