R.I.P. Daddy

On November 15, 2011 I received a text message from my cousin saying, Hi, I just heard about your dad. I'm so sorry. I called my son and asked him what's wrong with Dad? My son started to break down and told me that my Dad had passed away that morning. I started crying and have been crying on and off since finding out.
I'm a bit upset that being the eldest child I was not the first one notified.... I found out through a text message! I know that when it happens you are just a mess and have to figure out what to do but I don't think it's right I wasn't called.
At any rate... I haven't seen any of the family yet. Been keeping myself distracted with packing and getting the new house ready to move into. It has helped a little but I'm still crying at the drop of a hat. I will go to the funeral but that is all, I know I couldn't handle the viewing. The funeral will be devastating enough.
Last week we lost Aunt Ellen (Uncle Gerry's wife) to Alzheimer's. Now my Dad... they say deaths happen in 3's. I'm scared to find out who will be next!
Daddy, I can't go visit you in the nursing home any more or hear your voice. I miss you and love you. I know you are with my brother, Glenn, Uncle Bob, Grandpa Languit, Aunt Ellen, and all in your family that have passed before you. I know that you don't hurt any more cuz there is no pain there. You are in a better place now and you are watching over us BUT it doesn't make it any easier to accept and live with. I will see you one day in heaven. I love you♥♥♥

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm so very sorry, Marie. :-(