Patriot is here!

On June 30, 2010 Ruby had her cria!

Way off in the distance I saw Ruby pacing back & forth. I called my daughter, Johannes to see if she could see a cria, cuz I can't see very well. She said she couldn't see anything. So I got my camera & zoomed in...that is why the 1st photo is a bit blurry cuz it is way off in the distance. I showed the photo & off we went out into the pasture to see!

The other llamas hadn't noticed the newborn cria yet but as soon as we got up to Ruby & the cria her previous son, Bleu & the others, came to greet the new addition to the herd. The cria was still wet & not far from the placenta on the ground; you can see it in the background on the ground in the 2nd photo. The cria stood once the other llamas started to approach. Lily (Snowflakes cria) came up humming...a llama her size! As you can see the newborn cria is almost as big as Lily & she is 7 weeks old....it is HUGE!

Soon we motivated the herd to move to the other side of the pasture to the water troughs & run-in shelter, I saw that the newborn cria is a male. His coloring is so unique....it reminds me of merle cuz of the blues & pinks. He is absolutely D'Artagnon's son! He's got the white on his forehead exactly like him! I have to research the many different colors of the llamas coats to figure out what he is...

Now...what should he be named? After much thought, his being a male & July 4th just 4 days away... his name is "Patriot". He is a very unique & handsome cria!

Welcome to the world Patriot!♥










No comments: